Application for Deposit Order Letter Template
If you think your employer's response to your Tribunal claim has no chance of success, secure a £1,000 payment from them with our Deposit Order template.
- A letter template to apply to the Employment Tribunal for a deposit order in relation to the Respondent's ET3 Response, or part of it.
- Option to include a Peace of Mind check from a Valla coach to ensure your document is professional and taken seriously.
- Downloadable letter in .doc and .pdf formats.
The foundation for a successful Tribunal claim
Helping you translate what happened into legal claims
Ensuring your claim is taken seriously
Reviewed by a legal coach
Your document reviewed by legal expert giving you peace of mind that your Tribunal claim has the best chance of success.
Why use an Application for Deposit Order in an Employment Tribunal
A Deposit Order by an Employment Tribunal can order your employer to pay up to £1,000 to continue their response or part of it. Use this template when you think your employer’s response has “little reasonable prospect of success” under Rule 39 of the Employment Tribunal Rules.
How to apply for a Deposit Order in an Employment Tribunal
When you’ve determined your employer’s claim has no chance for success according to the Employment Tribunal Rules, you can make an application for a Deposit Order. You should:
- create the template in Valla
- send the application letter or email to the Tribunal
- copy in the Respondent
- wait for the Tribunal to confirm whether or not a Preliminary Hearing will be listed to consider the application for a Deposit Order
- chase the Tribunal by phone if you don’t hear from them.
Legal services at Valla
While Valla isn’t a law firm, we offer many “un-reserved” legal services to help you run your Tribunal case. These legal services are delivered by hand-picked professionals with Tribunal experience and a variety of legal qualifications.
Some of our legal professionals are qualified solicitors and barristers, some are registered with CILEX, others have a law degree. All have extensive experience with the Tribunal and clients. Because we aren’t a regulated legal provider by the SRA, we hold our own professional indemnity insurance. You can read more on our terms of service.
What our customers say about us
Why use Valla?
A law firm can cost anywhere from an initial consultation fee of £200 to £35,000+ plus VAT for Tribunal representation.
Valla offers users low-cost alternatives to pricey law firms. We can help guide you through the process and generate legal documents for your use.
Lawyers can be expensive. But access to justice doesn’t have to be.