Application for Witness Order Letter Template
Use our Application for Witness Order to ask a Tribunal to get you critical evidence from an uncooperative witness.
- A letter template to apply to the Employment Tribunal for a witness order.
- Option to include a Peace of Mind check and a guided walkthrough with a Valla coach to ensure your document is professional and taken seriously.
- Downloadable letter in .doc and .pdf formats.
The foundation for a successful Tribunal claim
Helping you translate what happened into legal claims
Ensuring your claim is taken seriously
Reviewed by a legal coach
Your document reviewed by legal expert giving you peace of mind that your Tribunal claim has the best chance of success.
Why you need an Application for a Witness Order letter
If there’s a witness that’s crucially important to your case that hasn’t agreed to give you evidence, an Employment Tribunal Witness Order can get you the evidence you need.
You can use this letter template as a “last resort” to apply for a Tribunal Witness Order.
How to obtain Witness Orders for a Tribunal
To get a Witness Order for an Employment Tribunal, you should:
- write your letter using the template in Valla
- send the application letter or email to the Tribunal
- copy in the Respondent
- wait for the Tribunal to decide whether or not to make a Witness Order
- chase the Tribunal by phone if you don’t hear back from them.
Legal services at Valla
While Valla isn’t a law firm, we offer many “un-reserved” legal services to help you run your Tribunal case. These legal services are delivered by hand-picked professionals with Tribunal experience and a variety of legal qualifications.
Some of our legal professionals are qualified solicitors and barristers, some are registered with CILEX, others have a law degree. All have extensive experience with the Tribunal and clients. Because we aren’t a regulated legal provider by the SRA, we hold our own professional indemnity insurance. You can read more on our terms of service.
What our customers say about us
Why use Valla?
A law firm can cost anywhere from an initial consultation fee of £200 to £35,000+ plus VAT for Tribunal representation.
Valla offers users low-cost alternatives to pricey law firms. We can help guide you through the process and generate legal documents for your use.
Lawyers can be expensive. But access to justice doesn’t have to be.