Application for Witness Order Letter Template
- A letter template to apply to the Employment Tribunal for a witness order.
- Option to include a Peace of Mind check and a guided walkthrough with a Valla coach to ensure your document is professional and taken seriously.
- Downloadable letter in .doc and .pdf formats.
Professional and kindness
What our customers say:
Why you need an Application for a Witness Order letter
If there’s a witness that’s crucially important to your case that hasn’t agreed to give you evidence, an Employment Tribunal Witness Order can get you the evidence you need.
You can use this letter template as a “last resort” to apply for a Tribunal Witness Order.
Examples of how an Employment Tribunal Witness Order can work
A Witness Order for Employment Tribunal can order a relevant witness to attend a hearing, as long as you clearly explain why that witness is necessary and why their attendance should be made compulsory. For example:
Tamsin’s former colleague, Hannah, witnessed a key act of discrimination that Tamsin is complaining about in her Employment Tribunal claim.
Tamsin has asked Hannah to give evidence but hasn’t been able to get Hannah to commit to doing this.
Tamsin makes an application to the Tribunal for a Witness Order.
Brian’s colleague, Florence, is a key witness in his case.
However, Florence has not replied to Brian’s messages to ask her to provide a witness statement.
Brian makes an application to the Tribunal for a Witness Order.
How to obtain Witness Orders for a Tribunal
To get a Witness Order for an Employment Tribunal, you should:
- write your letter using the template in Valla
- send the application letter or email to the Tribunal
- copy in the Respondent
- wait for the Tribunal to decide whether or not to make a Witness Order
- chase the Tribunal by phone if you don’t hear back from them.