Data Subject Access Request (DSAR) Letter
Find evidence for your claim by getting your personal data from your employer with a Data Subject Access Request letter.
- A step-by-step guide to sending an effective DSAR letter to your employer.
- A guided workflow to help you write your own DSAR letter.
- Downloadable letter in .doc and .pdf formats.
The foundation for a successful Tribunal claim
Helping you translate what happened into legal claims
Ensuring your claim is taken seriously
Reviewed by a legal coach
Your document reviewed by legal expert giving you peace of mind that your Tribunal claim has the best chance of success.
How to get evidence for your Employment Tribunal with a Data Subject Access Request
If you’ve been unfairly treated by your employer, use a Data Subject Access Request letter - also known as a DSAR letter, GDPR request, SAR letter - to request your personal data. You can gather evidence of what’s been said about you and your role in conversations that you may not have been privy to.
How to send a DSAR letter to get evidence for Employment Tribunal
- send the DSAR letter to your employer
- wait for your employer to come back to you
- allow them one calendar month to come back to you, from the first day after the request was received
- be aware however that they can extend this to three months
- make sure that you diarise to chase your employer if they haven’t come back to you in the timeframe you expected.
Legal services at Valla
While Valla isn’t a law firm, we offer many “un-reserved” legal services to help you run your Tribunal case. These legal services are delivered by hand-picked professionals with Tribunal experience and a variety of legal qualifications.
Some of our legal professionals are qualified solicitors and barristers, some are registered with CILEX, others have a law degree. All have extensive experience with the Tribunal and clients. Because we aren’t a regulated legal provider by the SRA, we hold our own professional indemnity insurance. You can read more on our terms of service.
What our customers say about us
Why use Valla?
A law firm can cost anywhere from an initial consultation fee of £200 to £35,000+ plus VAT for Tribunal representation.
Valla offers users low-cost alternatives to pricey law firms. We can help guide you through the process and generate legal documents for your use.
Lawyers can be expensive. But access to justice doesn’t have to be.