Witness Statement (Non Claimant Version) Template
Having witnesses strengthens your Employment Tribunal claim. Provide someone else's witness statement with this guided template.
- A template document to draft a witness statement for an Employment Tribunal claim.
- A guided walkthrough with a Valla coach to ensure your document is professional and taken seriously.
- Option to include a Peace of Mind check to ensure your document is correct and accurate before you send it off.
- Downloadable letter in .doc and .pdf formats.
The foundation for a successful Tribunal claim
Helping you translate what happened into legal claims
Ensuring your claim is taken seriously
Reviewed by a legal coach
Your document reviewed by legal expert giving you peace of mind that your Tribunal claim has the best chance of success.
Why you should get an Employment Tribunal Witness Statement
An Employment Tribunal Witness Statement is a document that records the evidence of a witness, which is then signed by that person to confirm that the contents are true. A good Tribunal Witness Statement format should include a record of what the witness saw or heard.
This template is for use by Claimants in Employment Tribunal cases who are asking witnesses to give evidence to support their case. If you’re the Claimant in your case and want to write your own Witness Statement, use our Employment Tribunal Claimant Witness Statement template instead.
How to use an Employment Tribunal Witness Statement template
If your witness has agreed to write a Witness Statement for Tribunal, here’s your next steps to ensure it’s useful:
- ask the witness to write the letter
- let the Respondent know that you are ready to exchange Witness Statements
- arrange with them when you are going to do the exchange
- send your Witness Statements to the Respondent at the agreed time
- make sure that you bring a few copies of each of your Witness Statements to the Tribunal hearing (if this is in person) or have electronic copies to hand (if it’s remote).
Legal services at Valla
While Valla isn’t a law firm, we offer many “un-reserved” legal services to help you run your Tribunal case. These legal services are delivered by hand-picked professionals with Tribunal experience and a variety of legal qualifications.
Some of our legal professionals are qualified solicitors and barristers, some are registered with CILEX, others have a law degree. All have extensive experience with the Tribunal and clients. Because we aren’t a regulated legal provider by the SRA, we hold our own professional indemnity insurance. You can read more on our terms of service.
What our customers say about us
Why use Valla?
A law firm can cost anywhere from an initial consultation fee of £200 to £35,000+ plus VAT for Tribunal representation.
Valla offers users low-cost alternatives to pricey law firms. We can help guide you through the process and generate legal documents for your use.
Lawyers can be expensive. But access to justice doesn’t have to be.