Application for Rule 21 Judgment Letter Template
Get a decision on your Tribunal claim with ease. Use our Rule 21 Judgment application template when your employer doesn't respond or contest your claim.
- A letter template to apply to the Employment Tribunal for a Rule 21 judgment.
- Option to include a Peace of Mind check and a guided walkthrough with a Valla coach to ensure your document is professional and taken seriously.
- Downloadable letter in .doc and .pdf formats.
The foundation for a successful Tribunal claim
Helping you translate what happened into legal claims
Ensuring your claim is taken seriously
Reviewed by a legal coach
Your document reviewed by legal expert giving you peace of mind that your Tribunal claim has the best chance of success.
How an Application for Rule 21 Judgment can get your case resolved
If your employer hasn’t responded to an Employment Tribunal or they’re not contesting your claim, you can apply for a Rule 21 Judgment. Rule 21 in the Employment Tribunal Rules means that a Tribunal can either issue a decision on your documents, or fix a hearing.
How you can apply to the Employment Tribunal for a Rule 21 Judgment
If you haven’t received a response to your claim, you can apply for a Rule 21 Judgment. You should:
- check with the Tribunal before you start - it’s possible that a Response has been received and just not been processed by the Tribunal yet
- create the application letter or email (Valla template will be available soon)
- send the application letter or email to the Tribunal
- copy in the Respondent
- wait for the Tribunal to confirm whether or not a hearing will be listed or whether they are able to make a decision on the basis of the documents they have received
- chase the Tribunal by phone if you don’t hear from them.
Legal services at Valla
While Valla isn’t a law firm, we offer many “un-reserved” legal services to help you run your Tribunal case. These legal services are delivered by hand-picked professionals with Tribunal experience and a variety of legal qualifications.
Some of our legal professionals are qualified solicitors and barristers, some are registered with CILEX, others have a law degree. All have extensive experience with the Tribunal and clients. Because we aren’t a regulated legal provider by the SRA, we hold our own professional indemnity insurance. You can read more on our terms of service.
What our customers say about us
Why use Valla?
A law firm can cost anywhere from an initial consultation fee of £200 to £35,000+ plus VAT for Tribunal representation.
Valla offers users low-cost alternatives to pricey law firms. We can help guide you through the process and generate legal documents for your use.
Lawyers can be expensive. But access to justice doesn’t have to be.