Costs Warning Letter Template
Get your employer to pay your Tribunal costs with a professional Costs Warning Letter. Increase your chances of success by sending this letter in advance.
- A letter template to write to the Respondent to warn them that you may apply to the Employment Tribunal for costs.
- A guided walkthrough with a Valla coach to ensure your document is professional and taken seriously.
- Option to include a Peace of Mind check to ensure your document is correct and accurate before you send it off.
- Downloadable letter in .doc and .pdf formats.
The foundation for a successful Tribunal claim
Helping you translate what happened into legal claims
Ensuring your claim is taken seriously
Reviewed by a legal coach
Your document reviewed by legal expert giving you peace of mind that your Tribunal claim has the best chance of success.
How to get your employer to pay for your Tribunal costs with a Costs Warning letter
You can apply for your employer to pay for your Tribunal costs. Before you do so, send a Tribunal Costs Warning letter to your employer, as the Tribunal is more likely to look more favourably on your Costs Order application if you’ve sent a Costs Warning letter in advance.
How to use a Tribunal Costs Warning letter
- create the letter
- send the letter to the Respondent
- wait to see if the Respondent comes back to you or complies with what you have asked them to do
- diarise the deadline in the letter, if you have set one
- make your costs application to the Tribunal if the Respondent doesn’t comply.
Legal services at Valla
While Valla isn’t a law firm, we offer many “un-reserved” legal services to help you run your Tribunal case. These legal services are delivered by hand-picked professionals with Tribunal experience and a variety of legal qualifications.
Some of our legal professionals are qualified solicitors and barristers, some are registered with CILEX, others have a law degree. All have extensive experience with the Tribunal and clients. Because we aren’t a regulated legal provider by the SRA, we hold our own professional indemnity insurance. You can read more on our terms of service.
What our customers say about us
Why use Valla?
A law firm can cost anywhere from an initial consultation fee of £200 to £35,000+ plus VAT for Tribunal representation.
Valla offers users low-cost alternatives to pricey law firms. We can help guide you through the process and generate legal documents for your use.
Lawyers can be expensive. But access to justice doesn’t have to be.