Mitigation of Losses Template
If you’re making a Tribunal claim, you need to consider how you’re going to show you’ve mitigated your losses. Use our template to make this easy!
- A document template to keep a record of and demonstrate your mitigation of losses.
- Option to include a Peace of Mind check and a guided walkthrough with a Valla coach to ensure your document is professional and taken seriously.
- Downloadable document in .doc and .pdf formats.
The foundation for a successful Tribunal claim
Helping you translate what happened into legal claims
Ensuring your claim is taken seriously
Reviewed by a legal coach
Your document reviewed by legal expert giving you peace of mind that your Tribunal claim has the best chance of success.
Why use mitigation of losses:
In the Employment Tribunal, you have a duty to reduce the financial losses you have experienced. For example if you have lost your job, you should conduct a search for a new job or get medical evidence to show why you have not done so. Otherwise, the Tribunal may reduce the amount of compensation it awards.
How to show your mitigation of losses for an Employment Tribunal:
As soon as possible when you make an Employment Tribunal claim, start thinking about how you can mitigate your losses and demonstrate to the Tribunal that you’ve tried to do this. You should:
- create the template
- keep the template updated throughout your Tribunal case
- send the document and evidence to the Respondent at the disclosure stage
- make sure there is a copy in the Hearing Bundle
- refer the Tribunal to this if you win your case, to help them to decide how much compensation to award to you.
Legal services at Valla
While Valla isn’t a law firm, we offer many “un-reserved” legal services to help you run your Tribunal case. These legal services are delivered by hand-picked professionals with Tribunal experience and a variety of legal qualifications.
Some of our legal professionals are qualified solicitors and barristers, some are registered with CILEX, others have a law degree. All have extensive experience with the Tribunal and clients. Because we aren’t a regulated legal provider by the SRA, we hold our own professional indemnity insurance. You can read more on our terms of service.
What our customers say about us
Why use Valla?
A law firm can cost anywhere from an initial consultation fee of £200 to £35,000+ plus VAT for Tribunal representation.
Valla offers users low-cost alternatives to pricey law firms. We can help guide you through the process and generate legal documents for your use.
Lawyers can be expensive. But access to justice doesn’t have to be.