Request for Further and Better Particulars Letter Template
- A letter template to apply to the Employment Tribunal to ask them to order the Respondent to provide further and better particulars.
- Option to include a Peace of Mind check from a Valla coach to ensure your document is professional and taken seriously.
- Downloadable letter in .doc and .pdf formats.
Excellent Resource for LIPs
What our customers say:
Why you may need to Request Further and Better Particulars from your employer
Sometimes your employer’s ET3 response is vague and you might not understand their legal position on your claims. If that’s the case, you should use Valla’s Request for Further and Better Particulars template to clearly and professionally set out the information you need to build your case.
Request for Further and Better Particulars Precedents that have worked
Your employer may not take your case seriously and may drag their feet in getting you what you need. Here are a few examples where applying for Further and Better Particulars of Claim for an Employment Tribunal could be helpful:
Taraji is making a disability discrimination claim but her employer’s ET3 Response says she told them about her disability “at a later date” than Tariji is claiming.
Taraji has asked her employer to state the exact date they rely upon, and who they say was involved in the conversation, but they have not responded.
She makes an application for Further and Better Particulars to the Tribunal to ask for information regarding this.
How to Request for Further and Better Particulars for your Employment Tribunal
- send the application letter or email to the Tribunal
- copy in the Respondent
- wait for the Tribunal to decide whether or not to make an order for Further and Better Particulars
- chase the Tribunal by phone if you don’t hear back from them.