Without Prejudice Letter Template
Use this where you want to negotiate with your employer "off the record" in order to try to reach a settlement out of court.
- A template letter that you can send to your employer asking them to offer you a compensation package, in return for not pursuing any legal claims against them in the Employment Tribunal.
- Option to include a Peace of Mind check and a guided walkthrough with a Valla coach to ensure your document is professional and taken seriously.
- Downloadable letter in .doc and .pdf formats.
The foundation for a successful Tribunal claim
Helping you translate what happened into legal claims
Ensuring your claim is taken seriously
Reviewed by a legal coach
Your document reviewed by legal expert giving you peace of mind that your Tribunal claim has the best chance of success.
Why you should use a Without Prejudice letter
A Without Prejudice letter can be used to start settlement negotiations with your employer anytime, before or after you’ve made a claim to the Employment Tribunal.
By using ‘Without Prejudice’ in a letter, you can ensure your conversations stay “off-the-record” and can’t be used in any court proceedings.
How to use a Without Prejudice Letter
If you’re thinking of settling with your employer out of court, here’s how to use a Without Prejudice Letter:
- create the template in Valla
- send the Without Prejudice Letter to your employer or ex-employer
- set a deadline on the offer if you want to
- wait for your employer or ex-employer to come back to you. In the meantime, make sure you don’t run out of time to start the Tribunal process in case the settlement negotiations don’t work.
Legal services at Valla
While Valla isn’t a law firm, we offer many “un-reserved” legal services to help you run your Tribunal case. These legal services are delivered by hand-picked professionals with Tribunal experience and a variety of legal qualifications.
Some of our legal professionals are qualified solicitors and barristers, some are registered with CILEX, others have a law degree. All have extensive experience with the Tribunal and clients. Because we aren’t a regulated legal provider by the SRA, we hold our own professional indemnity insurance. You can read more on our terms of service.
What our customers say about us
Why use Valla?
A law firm can cost anywhere from an initial consultation fee of £200 to £35,000+ plus VAT for Tribunal representation.
Valla offers users low-cost alternatives to pricey law firms. We can help guide you through the process and generate legal documents for your use.
Lawyers can be expensive. But access to justice doesn’t have to be.