Without Prejudice Letter Template
- A template letter that you can send to your employer asking them to offer you a compensation package, in return for not pursuing any legal claims against them in the Employment Tribunal.
- Option to include a Peace of Mind check and a guided walkthrough with a Valla coach to ensure your document is professional and taken seriously.
- Downloadable letter in .doc and .pdf formats.
What our customers say:
Why you should use a Without Prejudice letter
A Without Prejudice letter can be used to start settlement negotiations with your employer anytime, before or after you’ve made a claim to the Employment Tribunal.
By using ‘Without Prejudice’ in a letter, you can ensure your conversations stay “off-the-record” and can’t be used in any court proceedings.
Examples of Without Prejudice Letters
A Without Prejudice Letter can be a strong tool to ensure that you have a chance to settle with your employer without losing the option of continuing with an Employment Tribunal if negotiations fall through. There are a few examples of how Without Prejudice Letters can be used:
Nicky has raised a grievance with their employer but the outcome has been unsuccessful.
Nicky sends their employer a Without Prejudice Letter to propose that they leave the company with some financial compensation, as an alternative to appealing the grievance outcome.
Zola has been dismissed without any procedure.
She has appealed her dismissal and is waiting for a response from her employer.
She is thinking about making a Tribunal claim but wants to try and see if she can settle her claim first.
She sends her employer a Without Prejudice Letter to start the negotiations.
How to use a Without Prejudice Letter
If you’re thinking of settling with your employer out of court, here’s how to use a Without Prejudice Letter:
- create the template in Valla
- send the Without Prejudice Letter to your employer or ex-employer
- set a deadline on the offer if you want to
- wait for your employer or ex-employer to come back to you. In the meantime, make sure you don’t run out of time to start the Tribunal process in case the settlement negotiations don’t work.